Skip to content

Flight Authorization for Civilian Aircraft

Civilian aircraft who wish to assist with relief efforts must contact the Bahamas Civil Aviation Authority before you fly (1-242-397-4700). A SOD FORM 8: Emergency Landing Permit must be filled out and sent to & prior to arrival.

Dorian Relief Pilots – BCAA now have a US Navy AWACS aircraft above BHS for traffic deconfliction. Contact “WARLOCK 48” on 136.375 BEFORE entering restricted areas. Reports of lots of rogue operators turning off transponders creating increased collision risk – DO NOT go in without an authorization beacon code and establishing communications with Naval controllers.

Documents you’ll need to provide with your application:
– FAA Pilot’s License
– FAA Medical Certificate
– Airworthiness Certificate
– Aircraft Registration
– Passport
– Aircraft Insurance Policy